- 1886 Designed water supply and sanitary system for Sakkur(Sindh province) Nasik,Bombay province
- 1891 Established Deccan Club at Pune in Association with Sri.Mahadeva Govinda Ranade and Sri. Gopala Krishna Gokhale
- 1899 Designed a New System of Automatic Waste Weir Flood Gate
- 1901 Introduced the Block System of Irrigation
- 1906 Designed Drinking Water and Sanitary System for British
- 1908 Usman Sagar and Himayat Sagar Reservoir project across the river Moosi , Hyderabad
- 1909 Prepared a Scheme for Flood Protection work and underground drainage for Hyderabad City.
- 1912 Preparation of Project report for Kannambadi Anicut across river Cauvery
- 1913 Started the State Bank of Mysore
- 1914 Started Mechanical Engineering School at Bangalore.
- 1916 Established Mysore University and the State Engineering College in Bangalore
- 1918 Approved the plan to establish Bhadravathi Iron & Steel Works and a Number of Other Industries
- 1927 Designed and Constructed Krishnarajasagar Reservoir. Public Libraries were established in Bangalore & Mysore
- 1936 Automobile Industry Plan was prepared.
- 1937 Mahanadi flood control work in Orissa
- 1941 Designed automatic Gate for Khadakwasla Reservoir Project Establishment of All India Manufacturers’ Organisation and became President.
- 1942 Established Sri.Jayachamarajendra Polytechnic at Bangalore
- 1952 Selected proper site for a new Railway Bridge to river Ganga in Bihar(Mokame). Promoting Construction of Sharavathi Hydro-Electric Project. Establishment of Mysore Sandle Wood Oil Factory Establishment of Mysore Central Industrial workshop, Chrome leather factory etc. are also the contribution of Sir.M.V.
Honors conferred on Sir.M.V.
- 1904 Honorary Membership of London Institution of civil Engineers
- 1911 C.I.E.,(Companion of the Indian empire) at Delhi Darbar
- 1915 K.C.I.E(Knight Commander of the Order of the Indian Empire)
- 1921 D.Sc. – Calcutta University
- 1931 LL.D.Bombay University.
- 1937 D.LITT . Benares Hindu University
- 1943 Elected as an Honorary Life Member of the Institution of Engineers(India)
- 1944 D.Sc.Allahabad University
- 1947 D.Sc.Andhra University
- 1948 Doctorate – LL.D.Mysore University
- 1953 D.LITT – Andhra University
- 1953 Awarded the Honorary Fellowship of the Institute of Town planners, India
- 1955 ” Bharata Ratna” Award- Government of India
- 1958 D.Sc. – Jadhavpur University Calcutta
- 1958 Durga Prasad Khaitan Memorial Gold Medal by the Royal Asiatic Society Council of Bengal
- 1959 Fellowship of the Indian Institute of Science , Bangalore
Chief Engineer 1909 to 1912
Dewan 1912 to 1918
- K.R.S. Dam at Krishnarajasagar
- Visvesvaraya Iron & Steel Works at Bhadravathi
- State Bank of Mysore
- Karnataka Chamber of Commerce
- Mysore Economic Conference
- Government Soap Factory & Sandal Oil Factory
- Century Club & Ladies Club, Bangalore
- Modern Hindu Hotel
- Established University of Mysore also Visvesvaraya College of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering School
- Agriculture School at Hebbal
- Sri.Chamarajendra Technical School , Mysore
- The Bangalore Press
- Efficiency audit was started
- Village improvement schemes
- Malnad Improvement Committee
- Civic & School Progress Association.
Engineer 1884- 1908
- Introduced the block system of Irrigation
- Designed a new system of systematic water weir flood gate
- Established Deccan Club in Poona
- Schemes for flood protection and drainage for Hyderabad
- Remodeling of Hyderabad city